Fiber networks solutions have been massively adopted throughout the world. Countries who haven’t fully implemented this technology yet, are in the process of doing so.
What’s the motive for this continuous expansion of this type of network? Due to the large number of benefits that fiber network solutions can provide. However, there are several challenges related to the roll out of fiber optic networks and one of the is finding companies and partners that ensure a quality implementation and maintenance of these networks.
What are the Main Benefits of Fiber Networks?
Fiber network solutions have a lot of benefits associated with them, especially when comparing these with other types of telecommunication networks such as copper and ethernet networks. Some of the advantages that fiber network solutions have are:
- Speed: Fibers can transmit data up to 1Gps of speed, which is more than 10 times faster than the speed of ethernet networks. This allows to upload and download data in a considerable shorter time.
- Capacity: Having greater bandwidth, fiber cables can carry more data while having the same diameter as coper ones. This means these can handle more users and traffic at the same time, without compromising the delivery. With fiber network solutions you can, per example, have access to higher resolution tv transmission.
- Resistance: Fiber cables are more resistant to pull and pressure than others, making them less prone to breakage, while also being lighter in weight.
- Reliability: Its speed allows to use internet without interruption, its resistance makes fiber less damageable. Besides that, fiber network solutions don’t rely on electrical current, making them harder to corrupt (electromagnetic interference) and allowing them to work even when the lights go out, which contributes for a constant transmission, less sign loss.
- Longer Distances: Fiber networks can expand further than other networks and carry signals for almost 40kms.
- Flexibility: Unlike coper networks, fiber network solutions allow to expand without replacing the network, making them adaptable to future needs.
- Cost: Even though fiber networks require a larger initial investment, they compensate with their durability and reliability, which will help save resources on the long run. Besides that, thanks to technological advances, it’s a technology that is starting to cost less.
How to Upgrade or Build Fiber Networks Efficiently
To build or upgrade fiber networks efficiently it’s essential that, at the beginning, the right components are installed for the specific characteristics of the network. This includes not only considering the compatibility of the components, but also their quality, accessibility, capacity, durability, resistance, etc. If such specifications are not taken into account in the moment of instalment, the network will be compromised from the start, as well as its ability to be maintained and upgraded.
How to Guarantee It is Future-Proof
To guarantee the future-proofness of fiber network solutions its fundamental that good instalment and management practices are in place.
Things like avoiding pressure and excessive tension to prevent micro-cracks inside the fibers, handling fibers with care (without bending and stretching), avoiding tension on the cables, not leaving fibers loose, etc., are all practices that can contribute to decrease the rate of degradation of a fiber network.
Further measures like preventing weather damage with UV resistance insulation and anti-moisture gel on loose tubes, can also improve the lifespan of fibers.
In general, proper installation and additional care are essential to make fiber network solutions future-proof.
Check this article for more tips: Fiber Optic Cable Durability: 3 Factors that Contribute to its Longevity
Sometimes, a component can become obsolete, or the products available on the market aren’t quite a good fit for your project’s needs, which will cause functioning problems on the future of the network. A great solution for these problems it’s to optimize products through customization.
Product customization can solve many problems and will result a great fit for your project. Some of the issues it might help you with are dimension, aesthetics, fiber capacity, management, simplifying, upgrading, and budgeting.
Overall, product customization allows you to optimize your products, therefore your network, with a perfect solution for your project’s necessities, while also providing an option with reduced costs.
You can learn more about this subject in the following articles:
Reasons Why Your Telecommunications Equipment may Need to be Customized
Overcoming Component Obsolescence: How Product Customization Can Help
Who can Help You on this Mission
Besides Twoosk having a whole category focused on fiber optic equipment, if you’re looking for customized fiber network solutions in the Telco sector, there are some companies that can help you develop solutions for fiber optic projects.
If you’re looking for one that can help you with all your telco needs, for the uniqueness of your challenges, Yelco is the right partner for you.
Yelco is a company where you can find all types of equipment for different necessities, and even develop tailormade solutions if what you require doesn’t already exist in the market through product customization.
It is a partner with in-house capabilities, knowledge and track record, and a huge love for innovation, that will take care of all your needs from A to Z and accompany you through every step of a project.
You can learn more about Yelco here.
It was interesting to me when you mentioned that fiber networks can transmit data up to 1Gps of speed. I would imagine that you would need a fast network if you run a business that has your employees doing online calls. As far as I know, online video calls can require a lot of bandwidth, so having a fiber network in this situation would make a lot of sense.